Summer’s here, which means you’re most likely craving ice cream more than usual. If you have kids, this is the perfect time to whip up some ice cream for them to snack on.
The best thing about ice cream is that you can enjoy it with waffles, cakes, or as a stand-alone, and making it at home allows you to pick your preferred ingredients, thickness, and texture. This article will show you how to make ice cream in your Ninja blender.
Why a Ninja Blender?
Ninja blenders are quickly becoming a fan favorite, with so many people singing praises about their versatility, high power function, and special features you may not find elsewhere.
Ninja blenders are all-in-one, have several container options, patented blade technology, and are BPA-free. If you already have one or use multiple blenders, the Ninja blender should be your go-to for making ice cream. You’ll see our reasonings for this when we start discussing recipes.
If you don’t have a Ninja blender and can’t afford to get one, you should also keep reading. The tips below will still benefit you as long as you own a good blender.
Why You Should Make Your Own Ice Cream
Making ice cream at home is easier and ensures you can have an endless supply. We don’t need to expatriate on this, especially if you have kids at home for summer break.
Plus, making your own ice cream ensures you can control the ingredients. If you are lactose intolerant, you can make your dairy-free ice cream in a ninja blender. For example, you can switch to cashew or almond milk. You can also make no-churn ice cream if you have diabetes, so you’ll never run out of dessert options.
In general, you can have cost-effective ice cream any time you want.
How to Make Ice Cream In a Ninja Blender
Now, we will cover how to make ice cream in a ninja blender step-by-step. These recipes are quick and easy, so you should have no problems.
First, you need to clean your ninja blender. If you previously used it for something strong, you can squeeze in some lemon and add a teaspoon of baking soda to the blender when washing it. This will help you eliminate any lingering smell or taste and have your blender fresh for ice cream.
Recipe 1: Basic Vanilla Ice Cream
Just like the name implies, this ice cream is basic and simple. It’s perfect if you just want some quick comfort ice cream at home. It’s also a good one when learning how to make homemade ice cream for the first time. The lesser the fuss, the less your chances of messing it up.
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup of sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assemble your ninja food blender. Plug it in and set it to blend for a minute.
- Place all your ingredients into the blender one after the other and cover. You can replace vanilla extract with vanilla bean for a more enhanced flavor.
- Press the blend button and blend your ingredients.
- Scoop your cream from the blender with a cream spatula for easy reach.
- Transfer the cream into a dry, air-tight container and place immediately in your freezer.
- Allow it to sit for 1-2 hours or until well frozen.
- Scoop it out into your serving bowl with an ice cream scoop and add sprinkles of your choice.
If you don’t like sweetened condensed milk, you can choose a less sugary option or make your own condensed milk at home.
Recipe 2: Fruity Ice Cream
We all love a bowl of ice cream made with our favorite fruit. Many adults find this particularly delicious. Plus you can find another use for fruits instead of letting them go to waste.
Let’s learn how to make fruity ice cream in a ninja blender.
- 1 cup of liquid cream
- 1¼ cup of milk
- Fruit of your choice
- 10-12 ice molds
- Mix the heavy cream and milk thoroughly and pour them into the ice molds, then store them in the freezer for a few hours.
- Wash your fruits thoroughly with water. Then blend the fruit until it forms a smooth puree.
- Take out the ice molds, transfer the cubes into your ninja blender, and blend for one minute at least.
- You can choose to mix your fruit puree into the blender and have it blend for a few seconds or mix it in without the blender.
- Scoop out the ice cream with a cream spatula.
- Dish it out with your ice cream scoop and serve in a bowl.
When adding fruits, it’s best to choose fruits that are non-soggy, unlike watermelon or grapes, as they may feel too bland. Kiwi, bananas, frozen strawberries, and blueberries generally do well.
If you notice that your ice cream feels too runny after adding the fruits, you can transfer it into an airtight bowl and let it sit in the freezer before you serve it. Then, make sure the fruit puree and the ice cream are thoroughly combined.
Recipe 3: Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream
It would be a sin to be a chocolate lover and never make chocolate pudding ice cream. This recipe allows you to merge the best of both worlds right in the comfort of your home.
This chocolate pudding ice cream recipe is simple to replicate, so let’s get started.
- 2 ½ cups of whole milk
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp of liquid
- 1 instant chocolate instant pudding mix package (3.4 ounces)
- 2 ice cube trays
- Divide the milk into a mixing bowl of 2 cups and leave the ½ cup in a separate bowl.
- Pour the chocolate pudding into the bowl of 2 cups and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cube trays and allow to freeze for a few hours.
- Bring out the ice cube trays and transfer the cubes into a blender
- Add the leftover half cup of whole milk.
- Choose ice cream on your Ninja blender and blend at full speed for at least one minute.
Serve in a bowl with your ice cream scoop, and enjoy.
If you have leftover ice cream, store it in an airtight container and keep it frozen. Remember to eat it in a couple of days, so it doesn’t go bad.
You can enjoy making ice cream with these three recipes without any stress or ice cream maker.
Top 3 Ninja Blenders for Ice Cream
Here are the best ninja blenders you can use to make your ice cream at home. These blenders will give you a smooth consistency that will rival ice cream makers.
Ninja Foodi Cold & Hot Blender (HB152)
This powerful high-wattage blender comes with a 64-ounce container that you can use to make your fill of ice cream. It’s easy to clean and will blend anything easily, which is precisely why it’s great for making ice cream.
Ninja Fit Compact Personal Blender
This Ninja blender is great if you live alone and don’t have a lot of space. It’s made for people on the go. And while it’s best for making smoothies and other drinks, its powerful ice-crushing ability makes it a great fit if you make ice cream occasionally.
Ninja BL610 Professional 1000-Watt Blender
This Ninja blender is the most popular among single-unit families that love ice cream. It’s very easy to use – and one size fits all. But you’ll particularly enjoy the high wattage that allows it to crush ice to nothing. Also, the container is dishwasher safe.
Ninja CREAMi Ice Cream Maker
If you already have a food processor at home and are interested in a Ninja blender specifically for ice creams and other frozen treats, then you should know Ninja has released its collection of ice cream makers called Ninja CREAMi.
This can be very helpful if you have a large family or want to organize an ice cream party.
The Ninja CREAMi has a compact design that looks like a coffee maker and spins your ice cream in just three minutes. Unlike most ice cream makers, it doesn’t need any special setups or have any requirements, like needing to be frozen before use. Although you may still have to freeze your ingredients for close to 24 hours, this will save you some time.
It comes with a recipe book with 30 dessert ideas you’ll definitely enjoy trying. More importantly, there are presets for different types of desserts. Once you chuck in your ice cream mix, simply press the ice cream button, and your dessert will be ready in about 3 minutes.
Making tasty ice cream at home is healthier, and it allows you to have various recipes and flavor options. And, of course, with a ninja blender, this task becomes much easier.
Just follow the recipes above on how to make ice cream with a ninja blender, and you will be sure to have a mouth-watering summer.